Friday, October 22, 2010

Say Anything

I needed one more blog this week so here it is. Just bought my ticket to the Say Anything show at the House of Blues in November and I'm really stoked. Should be insane. I've never seen them live before but I hear they play a great show. Never been to the House of Blues either so it's an entirely new experience! I'm used to seeing bands in tiny venues where you can go hang out with the band after out back. So I am pretty excited to rock out in a huge venue like this. Guess I'm not in Beacon anymore! Thats one of the reasons why its so cool to come to a city like this. The opportunity to experience things that you could never experience in Dutchess County New York. To go from seeing local bands every weekend too seeing huge bands at famous venues and sometimes even for free on the quad is incredible. While the only instrument I ever played was violin, I have always been really into music as my uncle is a drummer by profession and many of my close friends are in bands. I grew up spending saturday nights in small venues jamming with guys twice my age. I always loved that atmosphere, but as I've grown older my appreciation for good music has grown as well. I still enjoy seeing less exposed bands. I actually love it. And sometimes they are even better than the bands that make the big bucks. But its nice to be in a situation where I can now chose which show I want to go to, and have at least 3 very differant options. Big city living baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment